IPPF’s scorecard is an interim assessment of the implementation of the World Bank’s Reproductive Health Action Plan, which was launched in 2010. The Action Plan is ambitious in its aims to improve reproductive health outcomes across 57 ‘high burden’ countries,1 all of which have high maternal mortality ratios and high total fertility rates.
IPPF’s scorecard reveals a mixed result in the Bank’s performance across a number of areas. This includes the Bank’s:
1. Reproductive health policy and analysis
2. Investment in reproductive health
3. Influencing on reproductive health
4. Transparency and accountability on reproductive health
5. Expertise in reproductive health