In line with the 2016-2022 Strategic Framework and the 2018-2022 Humanitarian Strategy IPPF is committed to increasing its capacity and capability to provide SRH services to vulnerable people during times of crisis.
The Humanitarian Hub is establishing a global Humanitarian Surge Roster as a tool to increase its ability to rapidly respond and scale its humanitarian response programmes. Members of the Humanitarian Surge Roster will be deployed within 72 hours to provide HR surge capacity to MAs when humanitarian needs arise for a period of approximately 2-4 weeks at a time.
This Call for Applications targets employees who are interested in being at the forefront of effecting positive change in the lives of people during humanitarian crises and meet the following requirements:
- Are IPPF Secretariat employees (The Roster has an ambition to be open to all employees across the IPPF movement in the future. See the attached FAQs for more information);
- Are willing and able to commit to being prepared to be deployed within 72 hours for a period of approximately two to four weeks, including to high-risk areas;
- Have a minimum six months’ service with IPPF with proven satisfactory performance;
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience working in humanitarian contexts in a relevant/similar role;
- Are in good mental and physical health; AND
- Demonstrate experience and competencies outlined on the attached Terms of Reference.
To apply, please see the attached call for applications, application form and ToRs
Terms of reference:
Closing date: 15 September 2019