International Planned Parenthood Federation
Established in 1952, the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is one of the world’s foremost Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) organisations, championing SRHR and providing lifesaving sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services for 70 years. IPPF’s vision is a world where all people are free to make choices about their sexuality and well-being in a world without discrimination.
IPPF’s services are rights-based, gender-sensitive, client-centred, evidence-based and stigma-free. IPPF contributes to the SRHR of all people by (1) increasing access and choice through the provision of integrated SRH services, information and education; (2) contributing to strengthening health systems; and (3) advocating to change policy and laws in support of sexual and reproductive health.
Through IPPF’s worldwide movement of 120 national organisations - called Member Associations (MAs) – and our collaborative partners, we work in over 150 countries focusing on reaching poor and marginalised women and girls and vulnerable populations such as people living with disabilities, and those in humanitarian emergencies. This gives IPPF a global presence, unparalleled among other SRHR Civil Society Organisations (CSOs). IPPF’s MAs operate an impressive 49,007 service delivery points worldwide, of which 44% are in rural areas.
Following a significant restructure in its global fundraising work, in 2021, IPPF began working to create and scale an Individual Giving program to secure private sector resources from individuals and family foundations at the small/recurring, mid-level, major, and planned gift levels. The program is nascent but is rapidly expanding its efforts across the IG fundraising pillars, specifically its Direct and Digital Marketing work.
Scope of Work
To scale its revenue from individual supporters at the small/recurring and mid-levels, IPPF seeks a long-term marketing agency partner to help create a solid foundation of donors that will continue to yield increasing results over the next several years. The scope of this engagement will include:
- Creating an overall Digital Marketing strategy that will build and grow the program
- Help to onboard and implement a first-of-its-kind CRM, donation, and email marketing platform
- Support donor acquisition and lead generation to grow IPPF’s donor and prospective donor pipelines through video, photo, and other creative media
- Perform audience research and surveying to identify growth audiences
- Creation of donor segmentation lists for marketing
- Partner to create annual marketing campaigns, including strategy, content creation, and messaging for donor appeals, stewardship, and fundraising growth
- Consult on the design and build of giving-specific online platforms like the IPPF website
- Support the creation, in partnership with IPPF’s Communications team, of marketing-specific language tailored to individuals
Regular performance updates should accompany this implementation on campaigns and periodic reviews of key performance indicators (e.g., revenue, cost/new donor, cost/new lead). If required, PSI asks that the consultant support identifying other vendors needed for implementation. Please note that IPPF reserves the right to work with multiple vendors for the different phases of this RFP depending on budget and vendor capacity.
IPPF will invite a number of vendors to apply to this RFP and select a shortlist to make formal oral presentations to the evaluation committee. If the vendor intends to use other subcontracting agencies to fulfil some aspects of the fundraising campaign, your proposal must include this. Proposals should detail the vendor’s proposed process for working with IPPF, which includes but is not limited to formulating program and fundraising strategies, budget, team capacity, and coordination with other aspects of IPPF’s fundraising operations.
The selection criteria breakdown is as follows:
- Technical Proposal: Examples of previous work, ability to undertake all factions of the RFP, and creative campaigning examples (30%)
- Management: Team profile and experience with similar clients or projects (30%)
- Services: Suite of tools and services to accomplish strategy and implementation (15%)
- Budget: (25%)
Please note that any agency that applies should be legally registered and/or bonded in all states requiring charitable solicitation registration and has no current state regulatory enforcement actions pending against it related to charitable registration or fundraising that would interfere with PSI’s ability to fundraise in any and all jurisdictions.
Please send all materials, including the proposal, team profile, and budget, to Bill Lane ([email protected]), Head of Individual Giving, no later than 16 May 2022. No phone calls, please.