What Do I Do If... Ideas for young women living with HIV
What do I do if I am living with HIV and...Some ideas for young women living with HIV
answers common questions asked by young women living with HIV
emphasises the rights of people living with HIV to information, treatment, and respect
links to further sources of information
encourages young women to make positive choices and stand up for their rights
recognises the diversity of young women’s experiences and desires
"You have the right to choose whether or not to marry, have sex, and to freely express your sexual orientation and gender identity. Living with HIV should not limit the possibilities you have to love and be loved."
Answers to questions raised by young women living with HIV, with practical rights-based information about dating and relationships; disclosing and HIV status; protecting a partner and safer sex; planning healthy pregnancy; preventing pregnancy and safe abortion; and seeking support for rights violations and discrimination.
- some tips for sharing your HIV status with your partner(s)
- a checklist of ways to protect yourself from other STIs and your partner from HIV
- some tips for negotiating safe sex
- some tips to help you conceive safely
- some tips to help you have a healthy pregnancy for you and your baby
- tips on how to get help if you need it, including if your rights have been violated
How to get help if your rights have been violated p.10