Founded in 1952, The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is both a service provider and an advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights. The organization is a worldwide network of 152 Member Associations active in over 170 countries. IPPF through its Member Associations deliver healthcare services that range from abortion care to comprehensive sex education to maternal healthcare.
IPPF is seeking an agency to transform its global and regional websites. We are looking for a creative solution to bring all websites under one global platform and to add a new look and feel to them. IPPF currently has one global website (in English/Japanese) and five-regional websites. All at different stages and understanding.
We are looking for the right agency to bring a new lease of life IPPF’s website with full redesign: from UX to to UI to IA. You believe in human-centered design and your design decisions are driven by data and purpose.
The purpose of the redesign
The purpose of the digital transformation is to not to consolidate our current websites but to better highlight showcase the work of our Member Associations in a more engaging way, to be more youth-focused, and to ensure we are providing high-quality, reliable and accessible sexual and reproductive healthcare information to users.
By the end of the redesign the website should reflect the following (but not limited to):
- An improved and refreshed look and feel to the website to reflect the new direction of IPPF (more youth focused, more visibility to our Member Associations and their work)
- A smooth and clearer navigation across the website to encourage a better user journey
- Improved integrated calls to action (donations, newsletter sign-ups etc)
- Improved IA to encourage more click-through
- Multi-lingual options
- Complement our strategic framework and communications strategy for growth and reach for key demographics
- Back end improvements through easy-to-use templates and training
- General public who are sympathetic to our cause and those who trust the IPPF brand looking for sexual health information (usually young people)
- Our Member Associations
- Donor governments, foundations, private high-net worth individuals
- Sector partners
- Internal stakeholders
The successful agency must be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Working with Drupal based websites including incorporating multiple language functionalities
- Can provide strong examples of website redesigns ideally another non-profit
- Strong design skills
- Hosting research workshops with key target audiences and key stakeholder and feed relevant findings into the final product
- Proven track record of implementing changes that increase time spent on website, pages visited and other KPI’s
- Using data to inform design decisions
- Manage multiple stakeholders and managing expectations and prioritise expectations
- Being creative working within a strict budget and deadline
Please submit a portfolio and a budgeted proposal to Amina Khan at [email protected]
We will accept joint submissions from developers and design only agencies to split the brief into the design and development. only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Timeline: 10 - 12 weeks (approx)
Closing date for applications: 5 February 2021
If you would like to discuss the brief further, please do get in touch with Amina Khan.