We are a civil society organization promoting access to health, education and defence of sexual and reproductive rights, based on an intersectional, human rights, gender and culturally relevant approach. Since 1969 it has been a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
MEXFAM provides the population with informative content, educational and medical services, based on evidence generated through the implementation of applied and participatory research, with a methodology of comprehensive sexuality education and community health.
MEXFAM carries out public policy advocacy actions in favour of justice, defence and promotion of rights.
- MEXFAM is a Mexican civil society organisation dedicated to improving the quality of life of the population through the provision of quality sexual and reproductive health services and comprehensive sexuality education with a focus on gender, rights and the construction of citizenship.
- MEXFAM works to make Mexico a country that guarantees the free decision of all people about their sexuality, without violence or discrimination.
Number of clinics/service delivery points:
- 18 operational centres
- 9 medical service centres in the country
Average number of clients and services per year (2019 figures):
- 300,000 Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
- 9,000 referrals for GBV services
- Services provided at the clinic
- Clinical analyses
- Comprehensive gynaecology
- Sexual and reproductive health counselling
- Psychological counselling
- Conventional and breast ultrasound