The Korea Population, Health and Welfare Association (KoPHWA), is a leading non-profit organization in South Korea founded under the Maternal and Child Health Law, and has played a great role in the successful implementation of population and reproductive health programmes since 1961.
- To become a leading agency in family planning that promotes and ensures a healthy community.
- To become a supportive partner through improving sexual and reproductive healthcare for individuals and families.
- To improve quality of life by responding to population change;
- To realize healthy social networks in the community;
- To operate a professional and creative organization.
In pursuit of these goals, KoPHWA runs a wide range of information, education, and communication (IEC) programmes to raise public awareness of population issues and is active in young people’s education and participation.
We deliver Maternal and Child Health (MCH) and Family Health services, particularly to women and children through 13 branch clinics; we also provide mobile OB-GYN services to increase women's access to medical and health information and services, especially the marginalized groups. KoPHWA’s works of developing and distributing high-quality materials have consistently contributed to creating a family-friendly childbirth and childcare environment as well as promoting good sexual and reproductive health practice.