Lebanese Association for Family Health
The Lebanese Association for Family Health “SALAMA” was founded in 2008 (26 Nov 2008) under the Statement of Registration No. 1740. It is a member association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) which is the largest voluntary non-governmental organization in the world, working on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) issues and advocating for them.
Vision: All people in Lebanon are able to make informed choices regarding their sexual and reproductive health and rights SRHR in a society free of discrimination.
Mission: SALAMA advocates for sexual and reproductive health and rights SRHR, promotes and provides high quality services, and raises awareness for all groups in the society, particularly the under-served and marginalized.
SALAMA seeks to improve the quality of life of individuals and to ensure the community development through the following objectives:
1. Gain Support of decision makers and champions to modify, approve and activate laws and develop national strategies related to SRHR issues.
2. Strengthen partnerships with non- governmental and private organizations, women and youth groups, and champions to advocate for SRHR.
3. Empower youth on comprehensive sexuality education CSE in order to fulfill their sexual and reproductive rights.
4. Increase awareness of community and individuals on SRHR issues, stressing on engaging champions, intellectuals and media.
5. Provide high-quality SRH services, particularly to the marginalized and displaced people.
6. Enable SRH services especially to the marginalized and displaced people through other stakeholders.
7. Enhance the effectiveness of the association and mobilize resources.
8. Expand the volunteers and activists base and enhance their capacities.
Address: Mount Lebanon – Sin El Fil – Horsh Tabet – Salem Center -2nd floor
Phone number: + 961 1 48 84 94
Email: [email protected]
Facebook : @salamalb.org
Instagram /Twitter: @salama_lb
Address: Bekaa – Zahle – Karak – Panda Center – 1st floor
Phone number: + 961 8 804 228